Friday was midsummer and my task was to bring the dessert!
I made my mothers Dutch chocolate cake (not going to claim it to be her original recipe, however I do not know where the original recipe does come from).
DUTCH CHOCOLATE CAKEIngredients:
200g dark chocolate
200g butter or margarine
2 1/2 dl sugar
3 dl flour
Chocolate glaze Ingredients:
25g butter or margarine1 dl heavy cream
150g dark chocolate
– Turn oven to 175 degrees Celsius
– Melt the chocolate and the butter on the stove, using low heat
– Mix sugar and egg, when fluffy, add the flour to the mixture
– Add the chocolate/butter mixture, and mix to a smooth batter
– Pour mixture in a greased baking dish with a detachable edge
– Bake for about 30 minutes
Make sure the cake is NOT completely baked through, it should be slightly “raw”. That is what will give that rich moist chocolate taste/flavor and appearance. Let stand and cool down before taking of the detachable edge of the baking dish.
Chocolate glaze:– Heat/Melt the chocolate, cream and butter on the stove
– Stir to a smooth batter
– Let cool to room temperature before glazing the cake (but not cold)
– Make sure the cake is completely cooled down before adding the glaze